Wednesday 29 February 2012

UHU stic

I'm mostly concerned about gluten in craft materials because BoyBee is still quite young (not yet 3) and random things end up in his mouth. But even when he's older I don't want him to be paranoid about anything we have in our house. This will be his safe place where he can be confident that slip ups aren't going to happen.

I recently inquired about UHU stics - those standard yellow tube glue sticks I always remember having in my house growing up. Although they're made by a German company they were very quick to respond...Here is my inquiry:

Hello, my son has celiac disease and cannot consume anything that contains gluten (wheat, rye, oats or barley) or anything that has come into contact with gluten. Since he is very young we also have to check for the presence of gluten in his craft supplies, including glue. Could you please tell me whether the UHU stic (glue stick) contains any gluten ingredients or could be cross contaminated with gluten? This information would be very helpful to me.

And their response:

thank you for your request. We can confirm, that none of our products contains gluten. We hope that we could help you with this answer. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.

You can subscribe to Gluten Free Bumble Bee via Email, RSS or Twitter.

Shop at Amazon.com or Amazon.ca and support Gluten Free Bumble Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment