Wednesday 28 December 2011

Crepe Lasagna

Last week I discovered an awesome food blog called Elemental Custard. Mara's recipe for Crepe Lasagna caught my eye immediately. I have not made lasagna since we went gluten free. Yes, we can buy gluten free lasagna noodles (and we have a package), but I just wasn't inspired. I was probably avoiding yet another sub-par experience with a gluten free substitute for something that is meant to be made with gluten. Mara actually prefers Crepe Lasagna to regular gluten-noodle lasagna. Here is a quote from her site:

Let me tell you, unless you LIKE rubbery, thick wads of pasta, you'll never want to go back.

I love it! After being gluten free (at home) for the last year or more I'm starting to have less and less interest in gluten foods. I don't need to eat gluten free - it is only for BoyBee that our house is gluten free. And our food is "cleaner" because of it. I don't mind it one bit. Elemental Custard is not a gluten free blog, but so many recipes are easy to modify to make them gluten free that I don't want to limit myself to reading only gluten free blogs. I'm glad I've kept an open mind :)

I use a fantastic gluten free crepe recipe from Silvana Nardone's cookbook "Cooking for Isaiah", and I don't feel like I am missing a thing. The lasagna turned out great, but Mara's pictures turned out better so I'm nabbing a couple from her site to share with you...

Thank you Elemental Custard for restoring my inspiration to make lasagna!

You can subscribe to Gluten Free Bumble Bee via Email, RSS or Twitter.

Shop at Amazon.com or Amazon.ca and support Gluten Free Bumble Bee.

1 comment:

  1. the picture given looks awesome and delicious. I want to eat some.
    crepe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete