Thursday 8 December 2011

Croissants


Are there any foods that you still haven't found great gluten free versions of? Our list is getting really short, but one of the outstanding items was croissants up until a few days ago. BoyBee and I made gluten free croissants from Gluten-Free on a Shoestring and they were fantastic. They surprised the whole family, as well as the select few that we shared them with.

I am not saying that these croissants are any comparison to the delicious gluten croissants you can get in France, but they are comparable to the kind you typically find in North America. I'll go as far as to say that they are definitely better than the kind you buy in a tube and bake. These croissants are the best gluten free bread-type food I have found. Use your favorite gluten free flour mix (I used Silvana's), and eat them straight out of the oven for the best taste.

We used to have fresh cinnamon rolls every Christmas morning before going gluten free but I have yet to find a great recipe for those. I have found good recipes, but not a great one (if you have one please let me know!).

These are going to be our new Christmas morning tradition. I'm so glad I found them! Thank you Nicole from Gluten-Free on a Shoestring :)

You can subscribe to Gluten Free Bumble Bee via Email, RSS or Twitter.

Shop at Amazon.com or Amazon.ca and support Gluten Free Bumble Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment