Wednesday 28 March 2012

Sweet Potato Biscuits

A couple of months ago I made my first batch of Sweet Potato Biscuits - AMAZING! They were so good, I couldn't believe it. I've been waiting for a chance to take some great photos of them for a post but today I realized that there's no way my photos would turn out better than the ones on the site that inspired me. I adapted a recipe from Gluten Free Zen and have borrowed a couple of photos from there. Enjoy these biscuits warm with some butter or make little sandwiches out of them. They don't taste gluten free at all. Just delicious.

Photo credits: http://gluten-free-zen.com/

Sweet Potato Biscuits

Ingredients

¾ cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
1/3 cup milk, plus 2-3 tablespoons more
1 ½ cups gluten-free flour mix (including xanthan gum)
   (I use Silvana's Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons cold butter

Preparation

  • Line a baking sheet with parchment and pre-heat the oven to 425° (or 400° for convection).
  • In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet potato and 1/3 cup milk. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the sweet potato mixture and fold gently to combine. If necessary add more milk 1 Tablespoon at a time until all the flour is moistened, but not too wet.
  • Sprinkle the work surface with flour. Turn dough out onto surface and knead lightly 2 or 3 times until the mixture comes together. Gently pat the dough out to a 1/2 inch thick round. Cut the dough into the shape you prefer. Gently re-pat the scraps out and cut more biscuits. Place the biscuits on the lined baking sheet and bake 12 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with butter and honey.
  • You can subscribe to Gluten Free Bumble Bee via Email, RSS or Twitter.

    Shop at Amazon.com or Amazon.ca and support Gluten Free Bumble Bee.

    2 comments:

    1. Thanks for mentioning me and giving me credit on my photos, I appreciate that!

      So happy that you liked the recipe and thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. The article is really Nike Air Max 90 Mens Leather helpful, I like it very much. I will keep your new articles.

      ReplyDelete