Friday 16 September 2011

Buckwheat Pancake Recipe

I found going gluten free very restrictive at first. It felt like absolutely everything had gluten in it and I didn't know of any good alternatives for the typical gluten-based foods. Breads, pancakes, waffles, cookies...all the speciality items I bought from the stores were terrible, and to top it all off they were expensive. After a lot of disappointment (and almost giving up) I finally started to find some great recipes and some great products.

Buckwheat pancakes are a recent discovery for me. I love the recipe posted by Wrightfood because it is so natural. There are no specialty flours, starches or gums. The ingredient list is simple and the pancakes are delicious. They have a very wholesome taste, so if you are looking for the smooth taste of traditional pancakes you will not find them here. These pancakes are on the rustic side, and are quite healthful. BoyBee would eat pancakes every day if it were up to him, and with a recipe like this I don't mind one bit. I make them into mini pancakes - perfect sizes for little hands. Make a double batch and freeze the extras for quick dinners during the week.

If this description hasn't lured you in yet, just take a look at this beautiful photo and see if you can resist...




Shop at Amazon.com or Amazon.ca and support Gluten Free Bumble Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment