Saturday 24 September 2011

Orange Olive Oil Cake Recipe

Let me start out by saying, I will not post mediocre recipes and call them amazing. I have tried a lot of terrible gluten free recipes for baked-goods, and at one point I conceded and said, "If it is edible I consider it a success.". Thankfully I started finding fantastic recipes. Now for me to consider it "amazing" it has to be as good or better than a gluten-containing recipe. No more concessions just because we're gluten free. My standards for good food are now as high, or higher, than they were before. I am celebrating being gluten free because it forced me to try a lot of different foods, and have made some great discoveries.

The Cake.


I am very much a chocolate-loving kind of girl. But the Gluten Free Orange Olive Oil Cake from Blackbird Bakery won me over. PapaBee, who has been very skeptical of my gluten free baking experiments, was taken aback. He could not believe that I could produce such an incredible cake...AND it was gluten free! I skipped the minnelo tangelo (I don't even know what that is...a mandarin maybe?), but kept the rest of the recipe the same. The cake was light, moist, and simply delicately-sweet orangey goodness. Go ahead and give it a try - you won't be sorry.

Time for another piece!

Shop at Amazon.com or Amazon.ca and support Gluten Free Bumble Bee.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to make this cake for my daughter. However, I cannot find the recipe on the Blackbird Bakery site. Is it me? Would appreciate some help here!

    ReplyDelete